Monday, 25 March 2013

Pumpkin Bread

I like to share a good recipe--particularly a healthy one--especially when my kids are crazy for it. I wound up on a blog I've never read before http://ozarkmountainfamily.blogspot.ca/ and saw this recipe. Its author adapted it from the original and I have adapted it further. Here goes:

Pumpkin Bread

1 cup oil (I used half oil, half applesauce)
2 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin puree
4 eggs

3 cups flour (I used 1 whole wheat, 2 white, with 1 Tbsp ground flax)
1 tsp nutmeg
half tsp cloves
half tsp ginger
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp all spice
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt

Mix together, divide into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 350C for approx 1 hour. Test for doneness.

*the next time I make this I might toss a handful of raisins into one loaf. I think we would enjoy the little bursts of sweetness.

I made 3 mini loafs and one regular. This will definitely be my new go-to recipe for play dates, book club meetings, babysitting days. My boys gobble it up! Hope you're having a great day! Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment