Tuesday, 5 March 2013

First Glimpse


That's it! The plywood structure in the distance is Our Wish House . Husband was in town today and sent me this picture--I look forward to driving by whenever possible to check on progress!

Speaking of Husband being in town earlier, he has now gone to work away from home for a couple nights. This is the norm for him and me--he was actually gone for the final 3 months of our first pregnancy (he left a glowing pregnant mama-to-be, returned to a whale on the couch. Welcome to parenthood!). My point: he and I are very accustomed to his work taking him out of town, sometimes at length. Not the case for the 3-year old that I've now tucked in for the fifth time. It's just not the same without daddy home.

I really want us to be able to afford for daddy to be home every night. I've been thinking alot about budgets and frugality, reusing what we can and working to eliminate waste...how can we spend our money to make it last? What are our priorities? Over the next few weeks I plan to post about getting out of debt, saving for retirement, and living within our means. Do you stick to a budget? What are some changes you have made to save money?

No comments:

Post a Comment