Friday, 29 March 2013

Friday Favorite: Thingamagig

Well, I don't know what it's called and I've had it so long I can't believe it has made it with me through 5 or 6 moves. I've lost slippers, frying pans and blankets in moves, but this little kitchen gadget has managed to follow me across Saskatchewan and Alberta and back again.


note the metal poker in the foreground...that's the thingamagig
  It's just a metal thing to poke a cake or loaf in the middle to see if it is done. Yes, you can do this with a toothpick (always too short!) or spaghetti (totally a pain to spill a box of spaghetti trying to get just one piece). I don't know how many times I've broken off spaghetti in the banana bread, then had to demolish the middle of the loaf searching for bits of pasta so Husband doesn't hit something crunchy in his snack at work.



It was a sympathy purchase at a Pampered Chef party, probably 12 years ago. In those days I was very uncomfortable attending those parties without purchasing a little something to support the hostess. So I usually bought the cheapest thing available and ended up with some little gadget I would never use. This time, though, I hit a winner. Have you got any inexpensive but handy kitchen tools?

No comments:

Post a Comment