Monday, 18 March 2013

Keep On Keepin' On

Oh my.

We've had a couple more days of snow and wind and the kids and I have been unable to get outside.

We. Need. Spring.

Our first snow came (and stayed) in October. This is month six of winter for us. It's getting impossible to think of more indoor things to do. You see, it's not just that it's been cold and windy, it's that the roads have been awful for days and sometimes a week at a time. We haven't seen anyone, we haven't gone anywhere, daddy is away...we need fresh air, both figuratively and literally.

With the wind today it feels like -27C. What did we do to deserve this? (I know...last winter was incredibly mild with little snow until March. We are being paid back for it!) As long as it is this cold, as long as the snow keeps falling, it is so hard to focus on spring and all the exciting things we have before us. But as I have realized lately, it is my own attitude that keeps this little family on track. I gotta keep on truckin'.

So cold be damned. We need some groceries so we are going to town and we need to rustle up a play date while we are there. It is amazing how some time around others refreshes us and makes us love coming home again and being together. Tomorrow we babysit our little friend here in town--wonderful to watch my 3 year old play with someone his own age. The day after that is playschool, two hours for me and baby to play and bond alone. That time for us together has been rare and valuable so far in his life. Tomorrow might be warmer (or next week, or the week after!) but for now, I gotta keep on keepin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment