As I've mentioned (and complained about here and here), our winter has been long and persistent and our spring, well, late to arrive. We have had more snow and wind than usual and, as a result, roads (including ours) have been blocked and impassable. Our plan to move a shed onto our land in which to store our belongings is being revised: unless some serious melting and drying happens in a hurry, we will store in my brother's shop and home until we can get into our yard. Here's why:
April 14, 2013
A trail to our acreage, April 14, 2013
There is just no way to bring a 12 foot wide by 20 foot long shed up this road. When the snow is finally melted we don't know how long it will take to dry out. We are lucky in that our house is not supposed to come until July/August, but it is worrisome to think how far behind the basement builder will be due to this very late thaw. All the people needing their basements built before us are waiting too, and the season might get off to a very slow start for everyone. Likewise, Husband won't be returning to work until it dries up and any delay in that regard is stressful and costly. Luckily I plan for the worst when it comes to spring break-up, and we are accustomed to not spending until he is back to work. This year will be no different, beyond what is needed for the house and acreage and our upcoming move.
How is spring progressing where you live? Are you, like most of us, experiencing lower than average temperatures?