Thursday, 11 April 2013

The 5 x 5 Challenge

Susy over at Chiot's Run has gone to great effort to set up a gardening challenge. If you can spare 5 square feet of your yard or balcony space (or get a community plot), and if you are interested in learning more about gardening or offering your expertise, this challenge is for you. Even if you have to use containers, it will be interesting to see how much food you can produce for your family. I know there is a lot for me to learn and I'm going to use the opportunity to let my 3 year old "help" in his own area of the garden.

If this sounds interesting to you, join us at The 5 x 5 Challenge. If you are unable to join this year, follow along and see the variety of gardens participating from different locations in the world. Because we will be moving and staying at my parent's for a couple months, our plot will be there and I will focus on involving my 3 year old (as much as possible while allowing the plants to survive!).

This is a great chance to learn about gardening and get involved in a community of like-minded people, especially if you do not have that support where you are. Feel free to follow along or join. How big is your garden, or do you have one? Do you grow your own food and, if so, what have you had the most/least success with?

No comments:

Post a Comment