Saturday, 3 October 2015

First Fire of the Year

It was a chilly day, misting and a cold wind. 

I lit a fire in the wood stove tonight, the first of the year. It's faster to warm up the house using the furnace but it never feels as good as toasty warm floors and...well, just being warm by the fire. 

It's supposed to warm up later in the week, but it's time for me to haul in some wood. We won't light a fire every day, but soon we will and it is time to get some wood ready for the winter. As usual, the plan to get the wood all cut in the spring/summer didn't happen. But Husband and my brothers might get a chance to cut some wood this weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving). It's becoming a bit of a family tradition. I am glad to spend time working together outside and then sitting down to a family meal. These occasions are about to become even more special as my younger brother and his wife are expecting their first child in January. I am incredibly moved by the thought of my kids having a little cousin to play with and I can't wait for them to enjoy the kind of holidays we had with our cousins. Like every other year, this year we have so much to be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment