Thursday, 14 January 2016

A Quilt for Christmas

I don't remember If I mentioned getting a quilt top finished in the days before Christmas. It was for my sister-in-law and they live about 5 hours away. I knew I wouldn't have time to get the quilting done and bind it before Christmas but I knew she wouldn't mind waiting for the finished blanket. So we wrapped the quilt top and I explained that I was having it quilted after Christmas and would deliver it when the baby comes late-January or early February. Yesterday I picked the quilt up from the long-arm quilter that I've used before and I was very happy with the results.



I am not sure what fabric I will use to bind with. I fear it may require a trip to the fabric store (cringe!). The project has certainly cost enough already and professional quilting is not in my budget in the future. I do quilt baby quilts myself but it is hard with my little machine. I will have to practice a lot before I attempt to quilt a larger size on my own.



Hopefully the blanket will be enjoyed for many years to come and keep a family snug on the couch on cold winter evenings. Are you working on any projects to get you through the cold winter months?



2 comments: