Wednesday, 23 December 2015

One Fine Day

I seem to have fallen silent in this space lately. I've been sewing, solo parenting until the last week, and otherwise occupied although my thoughts are often on things I'd like to write about. But the opportunities are fleeting and here I am, on the 23rd of December with just a moment to pop in and wish you all the best this holiday season. 



We had friends in for pizza, wings and drinks last night and reconnected in a way that we haven't in years. Today a morning of coffee with friends turned into a day of friends and family coming and going, reluctant to leave this warm place, kids sliding on the hill, snacks and laughter and friendships remembered.  Never have I been more convinced that our authentic life will bring us peace and joy. When good people gather and are sorry to leave you know you are doing something right. Wherever you are, whatever your lot in life, I wish you contentment. No one knows what the future will bring. But if you are safe and warm and content you are doing well indeed. In case I don't make it back before Christmas Day, I wish you peace,contentment, friendship and good health in the coming year. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill! Everything you've written sounds so wonderful!!! And oh my what gorgeous pics!

    I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! May you be surrounded by everyone you love :-)
    ~ Pru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pru! I hope you find everything you are looking for in 2016--this is your year! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete