Sunday, 25 August 2013

Back In The Saddle

Well, lawdy lawdy. Look who's back! My little family and I have spent the summer (what there's been of it, amidst rain and cooler temperatures) in a sort of limbo that passed the time--not unpleasantly--with quiet playdates, day-trips to the lake, and time with gramma. For a period of the summer I seemed unable to function without an afternoon nap--whether it be the grey, rainy weather or simply my lack of purpose with no home or yard of my own to care for--either way, the naps have passed and energy has returned...We are in our new house!
We "camped" here on Husband's days off--we had power but no running water--and this past Monday the kids and I began sleeping here at night. Happily, power between the well and the house was completed on Thursday and we now have the miracle of flushing toilets. The natural gas line will be brought in on Monday (the equipment is parked at the end of our driveway) and the plumbers (fingers crossed) say they will be here shortly to run the gas to all the important things like the water heater, furnace and my new gas stove. For now, I heat water for washing and we drive the 3 miles to my parents' farm for showers and baths. They have been busy silaging so we have been going over to cook the meals and bathe and coming home again to sleep. I am excited to have a chance to blog again. I continued taking pictures all summer and we have so many jobs to do this autumn in the house and yard. Watch for upcoming posts on the yard and all that we have planned. After such a long absence I fear my few readers have moved on, but I want to have a record of our progress and so I will continue. I hope you are enjoying what is left of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment