Monday, 30 May 2016

Time for an Update

It has been incredibly busy around here lately. I fear I'll never get caught up to the point that I can blog about all the goings-ons. Suffice it to say that there are many new sights and sounds (and smells!) happening in our little neck of the woods and we are settling in to a new normal.

We have had all our baby lambs and they are endlessly entertaining.

The pigs. They eat. They sleep. What can I say?

Chickens! They, too, eat and eat and eat :)

We have taken on the task of installing stone veneer on our house and deck supports. It's back breaking. Crouching under a deck to hold heavy stone and mortar in place is a job I won't soon volunteer to do again, but it is a job that allows us to have a style/look to our home that we could otherwise not afford. DIY is a great alternative to hiring professionals but I will be GLAD when this project is over.

I would like to show pictures! With the loss of the old phone I no longer understand how to load photographs onto the blog. With everything I've been doing it seems the least of my worries. To be honest, I've considered shutting down the blog lately and I'm not sure what I will do. Possibly going private is a better option. Meh. I won't do anything drastic but I'm thinking it over. I'm no longer comfortable expressing my thoughts here, yet I do feel like I have something to say and want to have a positive space to do so. I guess I'll keep you posted.

We are having some rain lately and it's brought about an explosion of growth. Much of my garden is up (except the part I didn't finish planting!) and the weeds...well, when it is dry enough to get near it I'll be busy catching up on the weeding. Everything is as it should be :) Hope all are well!

6 comments:

  1. Can you pleeeease send us some of your rain!!! It's barely rained all month here. *sigh*

    I wondered if all of your homesteading adventures were keeping you busy! I've been thinking of you!!

    As you well know, I can totally understand the bloggy conflict...the whole privacy/urge to share thing is a very circular argument in my brain.

    I shall follow wherever you roam! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel! How lovely to hear from you! I know you understand the contradiction in being private yet putting your thoughts and feelings out there for all to read. I was taken aback the other day when someone off-hand said to me "I've never had time to read your blog" (!) and I had never dreamed of anyone knowing about it. Although I do this so that I remain committed to writing, something I've always wanted to do, I felt really exposed to know that I can be read and judged by those who know me personally (obviously this was always the case but it's just hitting home). Anyway, still considering what to do. I appreciate the comment, friend, it really helps to know who is out there ;)

      Delete
  2. Helloooo there! It's good to hear from you. I wish you could upload pics because I'd love to see the baby lambs :-) they must be sweet with the boys.

    Well you know I went private on one of my blogs. But I hope you will invite me in if you do go in that direction.
    ~ Pru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on the picture thing--sigh! The lambs are so adorable right now :) of course I would invite you if I go private--I'll let you know! I appreciate your reading and all your great comments:)

      Delete
  3. Hello, I don't have a blog, but read many and yours is one I enjoy. I do appreciate the busyness of this time of year! I'm sure no one would mind pictures later when you have a chance - just call it a look back or something like that ; )
    I don't often comment on blogs, but would definitely miss yours if it was gone.
    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo Ann, it's very nice to meet you :) I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoy the blog. Receiving some feedback (especially positive, lol) is more encouraging than anyone can know. Thanks so much for putting yourself out there and commenting!

      Delete