As I've read here and here, it is wise to live somewhere and observe for a year before going too overboard landscaping. So while I enjoy imagining what some of the beautiful perrenials would look like in our yard, I have to proceed slowly this year and get the structure right.
I've been reading Toby Heminway's Gaia's Garden, along with various other gardening books:
- The Year Round Vegetable Gardener by Niki Jabbour
- New City Gardener by Judith Adam with Tim Saunders
- Landscaping With Stone by Tom Wilhite and Editors of Sunset
- The Back to Basics Handbook by Abigail R. Gehring, editor
While we are staying at my parents' I plan to ready some containers that can be moved over when the house arrives. Nothing like a little instant garden! If all goes well I will have alot done when the house gets there, so that it looks less like a sore thumb. A friend has also offered to throw a "perrenial" house warming where all guests bring a plant they have divided in their own yard. What a great way to build some memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment