March
When I went out
The sun was hot.
It shone upon
My flower pot.
And there I saw
A spike of green
That no one else
Had ever seen!
On other days
The things I see
Are mostly old
Except for me.
But this green spike
So new and small
Had never yet
Been seen at all!
"A Spike of Green"
by Barbara Baker
What a cute little reminder of the wonder spring brings. Although we are still weeks from any "spikes of green", it is wonderful to anticipate and have February behind us.
| Uggh! |
That pretty little poem came from my Folio Society copy of Year Round Things To Do illustrated by Shirley Hughes 1966. I had to include it today because it reminded me so strongly of going out exploring mud puddles as a child and seeing and smelling all the changes of spring. It is so much fun to relive those moments with my own children.
It might take a few weeks before we see any green, but it is getting closer and closer. How are you preparing for spring?
No comments:
Post a Comment