I don't remember If I mentioned getting a quilt top finished in the days before Christmas. It was for my sister-in-law and they live about 5 hours away. I knew I wouldn't have time to get the quilting done and bind it before Christmas but I knew she wouldn't mind waiting for the finished blanket. So we wrapped the quilt top and I explained that I was having it quilted after Christmas and would deliver it when the baby comes late-January or early February. Yesterday I picked the quilt up from the long-arm quilter that I've used before and I was very happy with the results.
I am not sure what fabric I will use to bind with. I fear it may require a trip to the fabric store (cringe!). The project has certainly cost enough already and professional quilting is not in my budget in the future. I do quilt baby quilts myself but it is hard with my little machine. I will have to practice a lot before I attempt to quilt a larger size on my own.
Hopefully the blanket will be enjoyed for many years to come and keep a family snug on the couch on cold winter evenings. Are you working on any projects to get you through the cold winter months?




Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Pru. I'm quite proud of this one :)
Delete