But it's not your fault, really. February, you have given me much to be grateful for:
- My parents' anniversary, a nice gathering of family, 45 years survived and lived to tell about it.
- I have developed a real love of baking. I've always loved to cook but was not into baking. These days, the kids and I are enjoying turning out delicious breads and treats and sharing them with our friends. It is a pastime and a hobby and I'm grateful to be able to spend my days baking with my kids.
- A runny nose and cough for my littlest, which did NOT get my biggest sick and therefore did NOT result in a flare up of childhood nephrotic syndrome. My gratitude for that alone should make the winter fly. And in many ways, it does.
- more exercise. I need to stop complaining about being stuck in the house and move my body. It always makes me feel better.
- clean the house. If I'm stuck here, I should be cleaning one room every few days. No excuse that I "haven't gotten around to it"
- in-house adventures for the kids. Play Play Play!
- more self-care. At home spa-time: mani/pedi, facial, sunless tanner, and yes a little pruning never hurts. It makes a world of difference to take care of one's appearance such as it is!
- more outside time. We have had a run of cold/wind, but on days where it is possible to be outside I need to come up with ideas to keep us out longer. Less time in the house=less time fighting!
- returning J to play school, Tuesdays only. O will have time with gramma and I will help at school. J doesn't want me to leave him there, and I won't force the issue!
- I'm investigating taking on some sort of a volunteer capacity that I can include my kids in. They are young to help at the soup kitchen, but I have been letting them each pick on item on special to donate to the food bank every week when we get groceries. I thought of us writing a letter/drawing pictures to send to a Canadian soldier. Then I read some negative feedback about women having strange motives for doing so and was left feeling disappointed with the whole idea. But I'm still thinking of ways to make it a sort of writing assignment for my 5 year old. At any rate, some sort of meaningful, community-minded activity would perk us up.
- The kids start swimming lessons next week. I'm going to have to don a bathing suit and join my 2 year old in the water...those who know me will remember that I feel water is for showering in and THAT IS IT. It's important to me that my kids don't grow up to hate the water as I do. So...I won't put my bull on their fun. A friend told me this past summer not to let my body issues ruin their summer memories, and she was right, and I am trying.

No comments:
Post a Comment