Before we came in for lunch, I snapped a few pictures of what is growing:
Sunflowers have grown an inch or two in the last two days. I haven't mulched yet this year, so I have lots of weeding to do before I finally haul it in. I'm looking for a large quantity for a low price ;)
Red onions, radishes and carrots, beets and peas are doing well. I managed to have it weeded before all this rain. I weeded around the edges of my yellow onions before the boys needed to go in for lunch. I really can't wait to get some mowing done and get on top of the weed situation out there!
One (almost) weed-free zone, at least at the moment. I say "almost" because the four year old picked some pretty weeds to place beside the creeping jenny. I don't have the heart to remove them just yet!
Finally a look at the sittin' porch. I absolutely love this covered deck. We got the rug yesterday and 4 year old arranged the furniture. This is where we have our snacks and take a rest when we are working in the yard. I look forward to many, many hours spent enjoying this spot in my yard. Have you got a favorite spot to relax in your yard?




No comments:
Post a Comment